Here comes a new Christmas Card I have made with two of the lovely Nativity stamps I recived from Magnolia. Here you can see Edwin as Wiseman masked together with Paradise Palm both from the Nativity Collection 2012. I have also used the lovely text Merry Christmas from the A Christmas Story Collection 2012.
I have tried the "No Line" colouring again, where I have stamped the image on a regular paper three times before I stamp it on the water colour paper. Later I have coloured his eyes, eyebrows and the three spots on his cheeks with a black pen. The freckles are made with Distress Marker-Tea Dye.
My colouring with Distress Ink-Reinkers:
Skin: Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose, the cheeks are coloured with a mix of Tattered Rose and Aged Mahogany.
Hair: Antique Linen, Walnut Stain.
Clothes : Weathered Wood, Pumice Stone, Frayed Burlap and Black Soot
Crown: Scattered Straw, Aged Mahogany, Black Soot.
Paradise Palm: Antique Linen, Walnut Stain, Shabby Shutters, Black Soot.
I have used a number of DooHickeys on my card too, here are So Wrapped Lovely and Poinsettia. The tag is called Tilda Tag.
The whole card is shaped with a GoKreate die, called Large Frame Frilly #7 (Product no: 160027).
After some questions about it, I will now show you how I cut out the shaped card.
I use a Kraft card stock measuring 15x30 cm, a panel (bazzill-vanilla) 15x15 cm, and the pattern paper 15x15 cm.
I start with the Kraft Card Stock:
Which I fold in the middle, like this:
Then I find the largest of the Go Kreate dies (14x14 cm) and place it on the cutting machine like this:
I then take the Kraft Card Stock and lay it on the die, but leave some open on the top:
Then I run the die with the paper in through the cutting machine (I have a transparent plate over and one under the die).
And here is what the card base looks like:
I don't want the card to be flat on the top, so therefore I cut out a panel and a pattern paper to place on the front. I need a panel under the pattern paper so that I can sew them together, and then glue them to the card base.
Here are the three parts cut out.
And you can see how I place the panel and the pattern paper on to the base.
I only glue them to the base after they are sewed together and the front is fully decorated.
(You can also read this post in my Magnolia blog)
Thank you so much for visiting my blog, and have a lovely Sunday evening!
Take care ♥